Safeguarding for adults who use care and support services
People who are 18 years or over, who have care and support needs because of their age, physical or learning disability, mental-health needs, or other illness are, or may be, unable to protect themselves from abuse or neglect because of their care and support needs.
Other adults who may be at risk include people who are:
- unpaid carers;
- experiencing domestic violence;
- addicted to drugs or alcohol;
- badly treated and forced to work for little or no pay; or forced to marry
- If it is an emergency call 999
- Don’t ignore it
- Talk to the person you feel is being abused.
- Listen and make a note of times and details
- Report it by calling 01243 642121 (OPEN: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays)
- Typetalk: 018001 01243 642121
- Write to: Adults’ CarePoint, Second floor, The Grange, County Hall, Chichester, PO19 1RG