Purpose of the Board
The overarching purpose of a Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) is to help and safeguard adults with care and support needs. It does this by:
- assuring itself that local safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014 and statutory guidance
- assuring itself that safeguarding practice is person-centred and outcome-focused
- working collaboratively to prevent abuse and neglect where possible
- ensuring agencies and individuals give timely and proportionate responses when abuse or neglect have occurred
- assuring itself that safeguarding practice is continuously improving and enhancing the quality of life of adults in its area.