Welcome to West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board (WSSAB)
West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) is a multiagency partnership that has representation from organisations that support adults who have care or support needs who contribute to the development and delivery of the Board Strategic Plan. West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board lead on and co-ordinate adults safeguarding across West Sussex, to ensure greater consistency and effectiveness of implementation of safeguarding of its members and partner agencies.
The Safeguarding Adults Board:
The overarching purpose of an SAB is to help and safeguard adults with care and support needs. It does this by:
- assuring itself that local safeguarding arrangements are in place as defined by the Care Act 2014 and statutory guidance
- assuring itself that safeguarding practice is person-centred and outcome-focused
- working collaboratively to prevent abuse and neglect where possible
- ensuring agencies and individuals give timely and proportionate responses when abuse or neglect have occurred
- assuring itself that safeguarding practice is continuously improving and enhancing the quality of life of adults in its area.
12th January 2018
News Release: New Independent Chairperson of West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board is announced
A new Independent Chairperson of West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board... [+]
20th November 2017
West Sussex Safeguarding Week is fast approaching
West Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board and West Sussex Safeguarding Children... [+]